Do you think if you go to a different country you’ll be able to take off one of those layers? How many miles will you have to travel to be able to take it all off Kieren Walker?
Chris Evans at the 2014 US Open tennis tournament in New York City (August 26, 2014)
inmate: what u in for
me: torrenting anime
Matt Damon was conflicted when friends Jimmy Kimmel and Ben Affleck called on him to complete the ALS ice bucket challenge.
inspired by this post i wanted to document and categorize my clothes. first up: florals, black and white.
This is by far one of the most important things I’ve seen on tumblr because It describes things I was not able to
things we are trying to do all the time:
- 1. be safe
things we can’t help but do all the time:
- 1. second-guess ourselves
- 2. behave impulsively and reactively
- 3. take everything personally
- 4. worry
- 5. worry
- 6. worry
- 7. have difficulty accepting compliments
- 8. have difficulty reciprocating friendly gestures
- 9. have difficulty finding the courage to respond
- 10. have difficulty not being suspicious of others’ intentions
- 11. make a huge deal out of the smallest thing
things you should keep in mind:
- 1. we’re scared of everything
- 2. pretty much all of the time
- 3. it’s an actual disorder
- 4. it manifests as impulsive behavior
- 5. you can’t fix us with words
- 6. telling us “worrying is silly” won’t make us stop worrying
- 7. it’ll only make us feel silly
- 8. and then we’ll worry even more
- 9. “oh god, am i worrying too much? what if she calls me silly again?”
- 10. like that
- 11. also, we wear a lot of armor
- 12. cold, heavy, affection-proof armor with spikes
- 13. we constructed this armor as children
- 14. we’re fairly certain you will never be able to pry it apart
- 15. but there is a nice person under there, we promise
things you can do for a friend with an anxiety disorder:
- 1. stick around
- 2. ask him/her if they’re comfortable in a place or situation
- 3. be willing to change the place or situation if not
- 4. activities that help them take their mind off of things are good!
- 5. talk to them even when they might not talk back
- 6. (they’re probably too afraid to say the wrong thing)
- 7. try not to take they’re reactions (or lack thereof) personally
- 8. (the way they expresses themselves are distorted and bent because of their constant fear)
- 9. (and they knows this)
- 10. give her time to respond to you
- 11. they will obsess over how she is being interpreted
- 12. they will anticipate being judged
- 13. it took me four hours just to type this much
- 14. even though i sound casual
- 15. that’s because i have an anxiety disorder
things you shouldn’t do:
- 1. tell us not to worry
- 2. tell us we’ll be fine
- 3. mistake praise for comfort
- 4. ask us if we are “getting help”
- 5. force us to be social
- 6. force us to do things that trigger us
- 7. “face your fears” doesn’t always work
- 8. because—remember—scared of everything
- 9. in fact, it would be more accurate to say we are scared of the fear itself
emergency action procedure for panic attacks:
- 1. be calm
- 2. be patient
- 3. don’t be condescending
- 4. remind us that we’re not crazy
- 5. sit with us
- 6. ask us to tighten and relax our muscles one by one
- 7. remind us that we are breathing
- 8. engage us in a discussion (if we can talk, then we can breathe)
- 9. if we are having trouble breathing, try getting us to exhale slowly
- 10. or breathe through our nose
- 11. or have us put our hands on our stomach to feel each breath
- 12. ask us what needs to change in our environment in order for us to feel safe
- 13. help us change it
- 14. usually, just knowing that we have someone on our side willing to fight our scary monsters with us is enough to calm us down
if you have an anxiety disorder:
- 1. it’s okay.
- 2. even if you worry that it’s not okay.
- 3. it’s still okay. it’s okay to be scared. it’s okay to be scared of being scared.
- 4. you are not crazy. you are not a freak.
- 5. i know there’s a person under all that armor.
- 6. and i know you feel isolated because of it.
- 7. i won’t make you take it off.
- 8. but know that you are not alone.
love the prophet because he loves the sinner, love the sinner because he is you
there are way too many social justice warriors. we need a social justice scout and a social justice healer and a social justice black mage. seriously this videogame has like 10 different classes you can play and everyone goes for the one that just uses generic melee weapons?